Pages

February 20, 2015

Work in progress

Yes, I am still writing. I'm still here. In truth, I work furiously at times, writing half a chapter or more in a day—and I polish, edit, and brainstorm every day. However, there is simply nothing to tell. For this present time of first-draft scrawling, the end seems to be far beyond my range of view. But it will come. I promise.

(This may or may not be a hint. Yes, I did shoot this shot. No, I do not frequently shoot bull's-eyes.)

I truly cannot wait to share this project with all my readers. I have honestly come to love this story and its characters, and they've been a long time in the making, constantly developing and evolving over the course of several years. Writing persists as a work in progress, but the truly important thing is that there is progress.

My current reading list:

  • The Tolkien Reader by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
  • Above All Earthly Pow'rs by David F. Wells
  • "Lysias on the Murder of Eratosthenes" by Lysias (an ancient Greek court speech)
  • The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
  • Moby-Dick by Herman Melville (yes, I'm still reading it)


(Don't forget to check out my Facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment